Fixing a hole in my driveway with Sakrete blacktop patch

My asphalt driveway shows its age. It probably just needs to be completely resurfaced but that is an expense for another time.

In the meantime I make occasional patch repairs. I had this one hole get so large I considered just turning it into a space to plant flowers.

I could not ignore it anymore. I bought some patch repair material. I already had a tamper tool to help compress the material.

The whole process went smoothly. The key is to get the right amount of material to the size hole.

Per the manufactures instructions, I first picked out all the loose material. There was quite a bit of loose asphalt to remove.

I then poured the Sakrete material into the hole and spread it around. I found getting up to the edges in the right thickness critical to making it look right.

Filling in the center of the hole to the right thickness is fairly easy. I just eye-balled it.

I ended up using four bags for this project. I bought these bags for $9 each so the total cost was under $40. Keep in mind the hole would have been smaller if I did not neglect it for so long.

[nggallery id=27]

 


Add your voice to this post. I read and respond to every comment.