Rear Door Trim Finished

I finished the trim on the rear pedestrian door. The hardest part was the top channel and the rest went up mostly easy.

The biggest challenge is figuring how to install the top channel so it routes rainfall correctly. I cutout side channels so the water would fall outside of the side trim.

Before finalizing the position of the piece I also did a water test. In some of the pictures it may be a bit hard to see the water so look closely.

I had to get the base of the top channel to tilt toward the outside. This way water drips on the outside-most part of the channel. If it tilted inward the water would run down inside the wall.

Once this top channel was in place the rest of the trim went up quickly. My brother-in-law was available which was a terrific help.

[nggallery id=35]


Add your voice to this post. I read and respond to every comment.